Dr. Jim Denison
Dr. Jim Denison is a cultural scholar, pastor, and author who helps people respond biblically and redemptively to the vital issues of our day. He is also the co-founder and Chief Vision Officer of the Denison Forum, a Dallas-based nonprofit that comments on current issues through a biblical lens. Through his Daily Article email newsletter and podcast, as well as the Denison Forum social media, Dr. Denison reaches 2.5 million people each month with new discerned differently.
He is a widely sought speaker, podcaster, and subject-matter expert on radio about cultural issues from a biblical perspective. Dr. Denison has been a frequent guest on Equipped with Chris Brooks (Moody Radio) and the nationally syndicated Point of View with Kerby Anderson (360+ radio stations).
He is the author of multiple books, including:
- Bright Hope for Tomorrow: How Jesus’ Parables Illuminate Our Darkest Days
- Respectfully, I Disagree: How to Be a Civil Person in an Uncivil Time
- and the Biblical Insight to Tough Questions series
Dr. Denison has taught on the philosophy of religion and apologetics at several seminaries. His residencies and fellowships include:
- Resident Scholar for Ethics with Baylor Scott & White Health
- Senior Fellow with the 21st Century Wilberforce Initiative
- Senior Fellow for Cultural Studies at Dallas Baptist University’s Institute for Global Engagement
- Scholar Fellow with CEO Forum
He is also a cultural consultant for various organizations that seek a Christian worldview on current events. Prior to launching Denison Forum in 2009, he pastored churches in Texas and Georgia. He holds a Ph.D. and a Master of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Jim and his wife, Janet, live in Dallas, Texas. They have two sons and four grandchildren.
The Coming Tsunami
In The Coming Tsunami, pastor and cultural scholar Dr. Jim Denison addresses the gravest threat Christians in America have ever faced—four cultural tidal waves threatening to submerge Christians in America and the biblical morality they proclaim. Through proactive, biblical steps, he helps us redeem these challenges so that we can live the way Jesus calls us […]